The Order of the Black Flame is a magical order dedicated to the study and mastery of black magic and the left-hand path. Our aim is to aid in the education of the black magician, to provide every opportunity for the black magician to grow in mastery of the black arts.
Before continuing, let’s define some terms:
Definition of Terms
- Left-hand path
- The left-hand path has as its aim the perpetuation and deification of one’s isolate consciousness. That is, to become oneself as a god, always apart from the objective universe. Whereas right-hand path traditions seek to merge with the All, we seek to develop and strengthen our separation from the all, as beings worthy of exaltation in our own right.
- Black magic
- Black magic is the art of causing change in the objective universe in conformity with will. This may or may not be accomplished with ritual, or any tools that the black magician finds helpful and effective in accomplishing his or her ends.
- Magical order
- A magical order is a group of magicians all pursuing the same end. In our case, our end is self-deification, as well as mastery over black magic. Some orders have formalized structures and dictate what you should or should not believe. We strive to provide a basic framework, and invite you to build on top of it.
Who We Are
For a foundation of this order and the basic framework and principles by which we operate, please read the post: What Is Black Magic? It’s Probably Not What You Expect.
Here are our principles:
- We are beings gifted with isolate, self-aware, intelligent consciousness.
- This isolate consciousness is called the Black Flame, and gives us the ability we have to reason, to will, to create, and to invent.
- Our own isolate consciousnesses are particular instances of the form of Isolate Intelligence itself, which we call the Prince of Darkness.
- “Prince” refers to Latin “princeps”, or “first principle”.
- “Darkness” refers to the rebellion against order, light, and stasis.
- There are many deities, the “gods against the gods”, in various cultures, which symbolize and embody this pursuit. Examples include Set, Prometheus, Satan, Odin, and so forth.
- The Prince of Darkness is itself a real force and a real being. It may be called by any name one prefers from any culture and any suitable mythology, as particular instances of the Prince of Darkness.
- We have the right to follow in the steps of the Prince of Darkness, by strengthening our separation from the objective universe, and thereby to deify the self.
- Black magic can be used both in this aim, as well as to impose the will of the magician upon the objective universe, thus reconfirming our desire to go against the order of the cosmos.
- In a ritual, no life shall ever be harmed in any way. There are far better ways to practice black magic.
- Other than this point, ethics are up to the individual magician.
- In all things, we strive to aid, but not to constrict. You may practice your art as you like, in your own pursuit of self-deification.
Structure of the Order
We endeavor to stay out of the way of each individual magician, while at the same time helping in whatever way we can, and fostering the beneficial sharing of magicians with one another for mutual advantage.
We have set up this very basic degree structure with this end in mind. These degrees should not be seen as one’s level of worthiness, but simply to what extent one has progressed in the black arts.
The degrees are as follows:
- Neophyte I°: General training in black magic, with the aim of mastery over the basic principles of working lesser and greater black magic.
- Adept II°: The principles have been mastered: one is indeed now an adept in black magic. Now one trains in specialized areas of interest. Most magicians of the Order of the Black Flame will be at this degree.
- Magus (Maga) III°: One has proven especially adept at the black arts, and has been chosen by the Prince of Darkness to aid in leading the order, in making decisions, in approving new applicants, and so forth. Generally, you never need to worry about this degree, unless you wish to help with leadership.
There is also a high priest and high priestess chosen from among the initiates of the III°. Currently the high priest is Brandon Olivares, and the high priestess is Christine Olivares.
One can advance through the degrees in two ways:
- You feel you are ready for the next degree, and so contact a Magus / Maga of the III° to recognize your ascent to the next degree.
- If a Magus / Maga of the III° notices your readiness for the next degree, we will reach out to you and ascertain your interest in progressing.
No formal group initiations are done. You are free to perform a self-initiation if you so prefer.
Most communication will be done over private forum. Occasionally we will hold group calls, but these are not required, and recordings will always be made available to the group.
The above might seem a bit daunting. However, you may make as much or little of this order as you like. You may like to learn what you can from the order and otherwise remain to yourself. Or, you may like to get involved in our group discussions and occasional conference calls, thereby increasing your social contact with other magicians. It is up to you, and there are few requirements.
We try to keep our framework as open as possible. What deity you use is your choice. How you work with that deity is your choice. The structure of your rituals is your choice. We simply wish to provide a comprehensive educational environment for the black magician.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please fill out the form below. The Magi of the III° will consider your application and one of us will get back to you soon.